The end of a relationship or family dispute involving children is a difficult and emotional time for everyone involved. From experience, we know that arrangements involving children are more likely to be successful if they are agreed between the parents or carers, and a Court order is not imposed upon them. With that in mind, we will try to avoid you needing to go to Court wherever possible.
However, we do understand that sometimes an agreement between both parties cannot be met, and so going to Court is unavoidable.If you have been denied contact with your child, or you feel you aren’t given enough time with your child, we may need to consider child arrangement orders. If you feel as though you are being denied parental responsibility for your child, we are on hand to provide expert advice.
Disputes involving Grandparents
When grandparents are involved in the lives of their grandchildren, the breakdown of a relationship can be detrimental to the relationship between grandparent and grandchild, and in these circumstances, we can help with grandparent access. It’s important for grandparents to have proper advice and representation from the outset, so if you would like to reinstate a healthy level of contact with your grandchildren, or you’re worried about the impact of a separation and need advice on your rights as a grandparent, we have expert solicitors on hand to assist you.
Financial and Wellbeing Concerns
In certain circumstances, financial arrangements such as spousal and child maintenance may need to be considered. Whether you’ve been denied contact with your child altogether, the other parent is making unfair allegations against you, or you have concerns about the way your child is treated in the care of others, we are here to help you. We will always prioritise the best interests of you and your child.
5 reasons to choose Grant Stephens to support you in your family dispute:
- Expert solicitors with your best interests at heart. Our team of experienced family and child law solicitors have a wealth of expertise in resolving disputes involving children. We provide a sensitive and proactive approach to help achieve an early and cost-effective resolution. Whether it’s a question of how much time each parent should spend with the child, where the child lives, or an emergency situation that requires immediate advice and representation, we can help you.
- Helping you reach an agreement without going to Court. Our solicitors encourage the use of alternative dispute resolutions such as Mediation or Collaborative Law. Negotiating in this way to find an amiable solution will minimise stress and costs throughout the process, and promote a happier, healthier outcome for your children.
- Results driven representation. Where going to Court is unavoidable, you will be represented and supported every step of the way by an expert solicitor. Sometimes situations arise that require emergency action and urgent Court attention, such as preventing the removal of a child to another country or an order requiring one parent to return a child to another parent. If this is the case, we have a 24-hour emergency number (07970 037248), and our team will work efficiently and tirelessly to achieve the best outcome for your child.
- Transparent, jargon-free approach. We’ll never overwhelm you with legal jargon, surprise you with unexpected bills or confuse you with paperwork. Our fee system is fair and clear, so you’ll always know exactly what you’re paying for, making this stressful time in your life that little bit easier. Our sensible, cost-effective approach to resolving family disputes is invaluable to our clients.
- Free initial consultation with solicitors you can trust. At Grant Stephens Family Law, we offer a free initial consultation to all prospective clients. During this time, we will get to know you and the history of your situation, look at the issues you face and provide advice on the legalities and practicalities of the various options available to you. By the end of this session, you will be armed with a clear plan including the next steps to take for an early resolution and the best outcome for you and your child.
Book Your Free Consultation Today
Get in touch today and you could meet with one of our expert solicitors within 24 hours, and take the first step resolving your issues. Call us on 02921 679 333 or contact us and we will get back to you to arrange your consultation.